Monday, May 28, 2012

Overnight Oatmeal for Breakfast Ideas Mondays




If you are one of those people who want to eat breakfast but never have the time, then this is for you.  It is quick to put together the night before, and there is nothing to do but eat it in the morning. You don't even need to cook it.  Personally, I have not had time for breakfast all week, and when I did eat after no breakfast, it was quick and bad for  me, so I thought it was time to come up with a better plan.  This makes it the perfect addition to Breakfast Ideas Mondays for me this week - even though I'm not getting it on until Monday night.  

I have seen several recipes for this.  Most of them contain some sort of sweetener, but I didn't use any, so I didn't include it in the recipe, but feel free to use your favorite, if you think it needs it.  The recipe calls for applesauce, but I used blueberry applesauce because it is all I had on hand.  I adapted it from this recipe at The Yummy Life.  

As always, make sure you stop by Yummy Inspirations and check out all of the other recipes for Breakfast Ideas Mondays.



Overnight Oatmeal

1/4 cup oats
1/3 cup skim milk or milk of your choice
1/4 fat free Greek yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used blueberry applesauce.)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Stir all ingredients together until well combined either in a jar or a small bowl with a lid.  Place the lid on top and refrigerate at least overnight and up until 2 days.  Eat cold.


As an aside, I made this photo early in the morning, and I was in a hurry.  This is photo was taken in early cloudy morning natural light.  I think if I had had the time to play with it, I could have gotten some great shots, but I didn't have the time - hence the need for overnight oatmeal...


3 Comments:

At May 29, 2012 at 7:49 AM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

This is such a healthy and tasty thing to wake up to in the morning! Also, you will be satisfied enough not to snack before lunch. Cool that you found blueberry applesauce-I will need to keep an eye out for that-yum!

 
At May 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds divine.

 
At May 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM , Blogger From Calculus to Cupcakes said...

Thank you so much for the award!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Overnight Oatmeal for Breakfast Ideas Mondays

This page has moved to a new address.

Overnight Oatmeal for Breakfast Ideas Mondays