Monday, June 25, 2012

Beach Food Part 1: Peanut Butter Pie


This is the first in a series of four posts about the food we made when we were at the beach.  We made two desserts, key lime pie, which will be in an upcoming post - but hey, I just posted key lime bars yesterday, so I thought we should go in a different direction, and then, because not everyone is enthusiastic about key lime, this peanut butter pie.  The only thing I brought with me was a hand mixer, so the pie crust was a store bought one and the whipped cream came from a can.  Ok, I could have easily made whipped cream with the hand mixer, but I didn't bring anything to pipe it on with.  Also, everything in this series is served on the red plates from the condo and on the frosted glass table on the balcony where I was able to get natural light.  For the record, homemade crust and whipped cream are better, and if you have your regular utensils available, you should definitely make them.  I like this graham cracker crust from Martha Stewart and would have used it if I could have had access to my food processor and a pie plate.

The recipe is one I adapted from this Gooseberry Patch recipe on  My Recipes .  I just added some chocolate ganache drizzles because for me, peanut butter pie should have some chocolate on it somewhere.  This is super easy to make and so good!  And, it doesn't ever require an oven!




Peanut Butter Pie
yield: 8 slices

1 9 inch graham cracker crust
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup milk
8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 oz. semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
whipped cream or additional whipped topping if desired

Beat together peanut butter and cream cheese until well combined.  Gradually add milk beating in a little at a time.  Fold in whipped topping.  Pour into pie crust.  Freeze for about 30 minutes and then keep refrigerated.  While pie is freezing, heat the heavy cream just until boiling.  Remove from the heat and whisk in chocolate until well combined.  Allow to cool to room temperature.  To serve, drizzle ganache over pie slices and top with whipped cream or whipped topping if desired.

Source:  Gooseberry Patch  on  My Recipes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Beach Food Part 1: Peanut Butter Pie

This page has moved to a new address.

Beach Food Part 1: Peanut Butter Pie