Thursday, June 14, 2012

Eggless Vanilla Ice Cream


I made this ice cream a while back - when my husband and daughter made the peach.  It was actually made for my daughter because she doesn't like peach.  Anyway, I chose to hold off posting it because I had just done several ice creams.

This tastes a lot more like old fashioned homemade vanilla than the last vanilla I made, and I really like this much better.  It definitely reminds me of the homemade ice cream I ate as a kid, even without the raw eggs.  This will be my go to recipe for vanilla from now on.  I found the recipe here on the Eagle Brand Milk website and just barely modified it.  I looked there because I remembered that the recipe from my childhood used sweetened condensed milk, and back then, that always meant Eagle Brand Milk.




Vanilla Ice Cream
yield: 1 1/2 quarts

1 quart half-and-half
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla, or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean

Mix all ingredients together in the container of an ice cream maker.  Freeze according to manufactures directions.

Source:  barely adapted from Eagle Brand Milk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Eggless Vanilla Ice Cream

This page has moved to a new address.

Eggless Vanilla Ice Cream