Monday, October 1, 2012

Brittle Blondies



This recipe came about in quite an unusual way.  My dad and his friends eat a lot of peanut brittle... don't ask.  Anyway, there is all of these small bits at the bottom of the can, and so he was going to throw this away, when my mom said he should give it to me because she thought I would figure out someway to use it.  So, I went about deciding how to use it.  There are lots of things that would be good with a little peanut brittle mixed in, but I wanted something good enough to be worth your time to buy and crush the brittle just in case you don't have the crumbs from the bottom of many cans like I did.  I know what your thinking, "Who does?"  Right, it is a long story.  But, the story has a really yummy ending.  These are awesome!

To make these, I took a basic blondie recipe I found at Annie's Eats.  Ok, it wasn't really basic until I left out all the good stuff Annie mixed in.  Then, I replaced those mix-ins with the peanut brittle and white chocolate chips (because I kind of have a thing about white chocolate and peanuts).  The results were perfect.  You really have to try these!


Brittle Blondies
yield:  24 blondies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 stick butter
2 cups light brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups peanut brittle, crushed
1 12 oz. pkg. white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.  I also add a sheet of parchment in the bottom that I also grease.  In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.  Remove from heat.  Stir in salt, brown sugar, and vanilla.  Add about 1/2 cup of butter mixture to the eggs to temper.  Stir well.  Stir the egg mixture into the remaining butter mixture.  Stir until well combined.  Add flour and beat briskly with a wooden spoon until well combined (about 1 minute).  Stir in brittle and white chocolate.  Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the center is just set.  Cool before cutting.

Source:  Adapted from Annie's Eats.

This post was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.






2 Comments:

At October 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, how yummy!!! I love blondies and there are so many ways to jazz them up...I never thought of peanut brittle :)

 
At October 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Michelle, these look amazing! I bet the PB is super good =) Thanks for bringing them to foodie Friends Friday

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Brittle Blondies

This page has moved to a new address.

Brittle Blondies